May is Mental Health Month!
May 17, 2012 by beautifulwreck
From DBSA (Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance):
May is Mental Health Month
Mental Health Month is here and DBSA encourages you to be a part of this month’s celebration of mental health! Below are a couple of suggestions for what you can do to spread the word and make a difference:
- Drop off some mental health literature at local libraries, clinics, or doctors offices.
- Take a confidential online mental health screening and/or encourage your loved one’s to do so.
- Be a part of the DBSA Positive 6 (+6) Campaign and do something small that will make a big impact!
- Visit the Facing Us Clubhouse at www.FacingUs.org to find inspiration and support for a life of health and well-being.
- Use the DBSA Wellness Tracker to monitor, daily or weekly, the many things that influence your health—body and mind.
- Submit us your Story of Life Unlimited.
- Spread the word that May is mental health month on your Facebook page and “go lime” by adding a lime ribbon to your Facebook profile picture here.
- Reach out to someone you feel might be struggling with their mental health to let them know they are not alone and help them connect with local resources.